Work and Holiday Temporary Visa (subclass 462)
The Work and Holiday Temporary (subclass 462) visa lets young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year.
This visa is for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year.
Who can apply?
- Be between 18 and 31 years of age;
- Apply from outside Australia;
- Not have a dependent child during their stay in Australia; and
- Have one of the following passports:
- Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, USA, Uruguay
Visa holders may:
- Stay in Australia for up to 12 months;
- Study for up to 4 months; and
- Leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid.
There is an annual limit to the number of Work and Holiday visas issued to each country.
No applications will be approved once this limit is reached.
How can CTG Lawyers help you?
Work and Holiday Temporary (subclass 462) visas can be refused several reasons. Work and Holiday Temporary (subclass 462) visa applications have strict criteria which must be met and there are very few waiver provisions for the age, English language and skill requirements.
To satisfy these requirements, it is essential that all applications are assessed, structured and lodged in a way that meets all applicable DIBP law and policy. CTG Lawyers has the expertise to handle the most complex cases and achieve the best outcomes in circumstances where the applicant would have failed had they applied without our support.
What to do next
To get the right advice, contact us for a consultation with one of our specialist advisors.